Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A day at Zoo Negara

Date : 5 March 2011 (Saturday)

Wakes up at 5.30 am. EXCITED. I'm going to the ZOO!

Have to be at the zoo before 8 am!

As usual, I have my dedicated driver, Ali, to pick me up at 6.30 am.

First Stop. The Office. We have to pick up some stuff before going to the Zoo.

Final Stop. The Zoo!

Eventhough I was at the zoo the night before, (To do event set up. Actually we managed to finish the set up before dark but we accidentally left something important that we need to go back to the zoo at 9.30 pm!) I was still over-excited to be at the zoo that early in the morning.

Arrived and straight to work!

No no... I'm not selling Nasi lemak at the zoo!


Discussion on where to go after the event

But still have time to fool around!



And then back to work

Sound check and rehearsal

Despite all of the fooling around during the event preparation, the event went on smoothly and finished on time!

And now...... It's time to walk, cycle and ride all around the zoo!

Ali and I borrowed a bicycle from the zoo staff (only one bicycle and Ali had to carry me all over the place) and off we go for sightseeing.

I wanted to go see a tiger and he cycled to the tiger's cage


Zoom in and look very closely... you'll find a tiger in this pix

There's also Cheetah


Big me and a small very beautiful cheetah

We went to see the elephant too... You can buy sugarcane at RM 3 from the Zoo Staff and feed the elephant!

Me stretching my arms and elephant stretching it's trunk

I never knew that Tapir can be sooooo adorable!

But seriously they are! We were introduced to tapirs by Malaysian Nature Society (MNS). They have tapir as their logo and are totally obsessed with tapirs. MNS arranged a meet and greet session with tapirs for us to get a closer look on the tapirs.

The Zoo modified this helmet into a baby tapir's head

Ok.. not that one... please refer to the picture below

The adorable tapir and it's girdle

But the cutest animal that I just can't resist but to peek into it cages whenever I get the chance are....
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The Hippos


But don't go near the hippo when they open their mouth like this... you are not gonna like the smell


We spent almost 7 hours at the zoo! Saw and learn a lot of things. And if you are wondering, the entrance fee into Zoo Negara is only RM 20 for adults and cheaper for kids (I can't remember laaa but one thing for sure, it's cheaper than adults)

So we should go the zoo more often! meet and greet with the animals and don't forget to feed them whenever possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment