Sunday, February 20, 2011

Last Year's Trip

2 weeks ago, I received a CD from Encik Nizam with the title " Vietnam 03-06/11/10"!


Yes! November last year!

I remembered it was a very fun trip! That was my first time in Ho Chi Minh City and the trip totally changed my perspective on Vietnam!

I joined a tour group which consists of Uncles and Aunties... As far as I can remember, there are only 2 young girls (including me because I am young) and  maximum of 5 young guys in that tour group.

The city was clean and safe. Even at night, you can walk and still feel safe.

We stayed in Palace Hotel, which are just a walking distance to the shops/ shopping area.




See... So clean
 But please be aware when crossing the road. Look to your left hand side first before your right hand side as the drivers drove on the opposite side of what we have in Malaysia.

Food was okey... Nothing to look forward for and I did not crave for anything in Ho Chi Minh when I'm back from there. But to all Muslims, worry no more... There are a lot of Halal Restaurant in the City!

These are a few restaurant that we went.






I had so much fun shopping for myself and for others that I remembered when I'm there.. Must buy Vietnamese Silk, Cotton and also ready made Baju Kurung. A lot of shops around the city which are only walking distance from the hotel. A MUST place to go for shopping is Ben Thanh Market.


I didn't buy this blouse and I regret it!


Ben Thanh Market - There are too may shoes to look at and it's impossible not to buy one
 Another must go place is Chu Chi Tunnel.. Chu Chi Tunnel were built  during the war. At that time, Vietnamese stays underground and they make themselves underground shelters similar to ant colonies.

We were given a chance to crawl into the tunnel which was made so small so that the opponent army are unable to crawl in. Honestly, I almost got a panic attack in the tunnel but the thought of 'who are gonna drag me out of this tunnel' keeps me strong! :">



Briefing by Mai, our tour guide on Chu Chi Tunnel


to the underground classroom for briefing


The entrance

I must go to Vietnam again but this time with younger group of people so that we can walk further..


 Oh also, I highly recommend Vietnam Airlines as they have more legroom as compared to other Airlines that I have flown before ;) but must request for halal food on board.

2 comments: